Dario Werthein is the President of the Riglos Winery, the vineyards of which are located in the Alto Valle de Uco, in Mendoza, at an altitude of 1,200 meters. The winery is 90 kilometers from the city of Mendoza and 40 kilometers from Tunuyán. The grapes grown in this soil, which is a mix of clay and stones, produce high quality Malbecs, Cabernet Sauvignons and Cabernet Francs.
As a part of its 2016 growth strategy, Bodega Riglos merged with HuarpeWines, owned by the Toso family. The deal resulted in the creation of one of the most sustainable and prestigious premium winemaking ventures in Argentina.
With this merger, the two best terroirs in the country –located in Gualtallary and Agrelo– have united to give rise to a cutting-edge winery that offers a portfolio of products at a variety of prices and covers every segment of the high-end wine market.
The Group, either through its own companies or in conjunction with other groups, has developed more than 330,000 square meters in a variety of real estate development projects. Noteworthy projects include the Torres de Figueroa Alcorta in Bajo Belgrano, Altos Porteños in the neighborhood of San Cristóbal, and Libertador and Paroissien in Núñez, all in the City of Buenos Aires, and the La Damasia neighborhood 24 in San Fernando, province of Buenos Aires.
Business activities conducted by the Werthein family throughout its history:
- YPF Agent, 1930s
- Banco Nación Branch, 1940s
- Import, Distribution and Sale of Ford Trucks (Canada), 1940s
- Gregorio and Numo Werthein Imports, 1950s
- Ford Motor Company Dealer, 1950s
- Hanomag Tractor Agent, 1950s
- Werthein Nurseries, 1950s
- El Hogar Argentino Bank, 1950s
- La Defensa Insurance Company, 1960s
- Dumont Television Manufacturer, 1960s
- Banco Mercantil Argentino, 1960s
- Sales and Distribution of Camiones Federal, 1960s
- Citrex, Valley Evaporating Company and Tucumán Citrus (fruit processing plants in Yakima, Washington, USA; in Misiones, Tucumán, Formosa and Cipolletti, 1970s
- Pricuz (citric industry in Israel), 1970s
- Finca Flichman Winery, 1980s
- Partners in the CEI (Citicorp Equity Investments) investment fund, 1990s
- Share in Finca Sophenia, 2000s
- Partner in the Standard Bank Argentina, 2000s
- La Caja, 1994-2015